Our campaign is fighting for a transparent and fair government – one that never stops working for you.
- Running for a Better City
- Community Activities
- Upcoming Events and Opportunities
- Join the Team
Our campaign is about results now, not about waiting until Election Day. We’ve been working tirelessly to improve everyday life here on the Upper East Side and Roosevelt Island. Our efforts are already paying off, garnering grassroots support and receiving strong media coverage.
This February our campaign for a better City moved forward by building great momentum with endorsements from national and statewide leaders as well as labor unions, while we fought to make our City safer, technologically accessible, sustainable, and took a break from the campaign to celebrate Black History Month.
- Endorsements for the "Progressive Candidate"
- Endorsements for the "Labor Candidate"
- Tagged as the "Tech Candidate"
- Fighting to Keep Our Children Safe
- Roosevelt Island Public Safety
- Responsible Development on Roosevelt Island
- Celebrating Black History Month
Support Our Campaign For A Better City:
Please join former Public Advocate Mark Green at the home of Bill Samuels at 7PM on Monday, March 11, at what we hope will be our final fundraiser. We've already raised $55K and only need another $30K to reach our spending limit in time for the March 11 filing deadline.
Thank you for your financial support that kept us in the lead for 2013. We've once again outraised all of our opponents combined and could never have done it without your help. We've made it well past the halfway point for a fully funded City Council campaign by raising almost $50,000, with only $30,000 left to raise.
Happy New Year! 2012 was an amazing year, full of challenges to overcome, super storms and threats of apocolypse, unbridled success like the re-election of Barack Obama, landing the mars rover, discovering the Higgs Boson, and even sky diving faster than the speed of sound from space. We enter 2013 in a world where more is possible than the year before. What preconceived norms can we shatter in 2013? I would love to know your New Year's resolution for how you will make the world a better place in 2013.
- Supporting Small Business on Roosevelt Island
- Join Your Community Board
- Seniors and Social Services
- Reinventing the Payphone
- Holiday Party Pictures
- New Year's Party Invitation
- First 2013 Filing
Following Sandy it was hard for many to return to normalcy, and some still haven't or never will. The outpouring of support from the community was both humbling and amazing. In my own volunteering I was struck by portions of the population displaced by Sandy as well as before by the economy or other factors. As we celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday please take a moment to pause and reflect on how lucky we are, give thanks, and lets figure out how to make things better for all of us.
- Supporting Israel
- Election Day Victory, Voter Protection, and Youth Voting
- Sandy Recovery and Emergency Preparedness
- Resources for Seniors with Lenox Hill
- Tech Tools for 2013
- Free Meet and Greets, Better Laws, and Investing in Youth
- Upcoming Events
- A New New York: The Constitutional Dimension
- Holiday Party
- Hacking Democracy
- Project 2012: Registering H.S. Seniors, Civics Classes and Mock Elections
- Fall for Arts on Roosevelt Island
- The Nobel Prize, Jewish Identity and Taking on Anti-Semitism
- Wednesday, October 17 – Code v. Code – Discussion 0 – Broken Copyright Laws
- Thursday, October 18 – Progressive Young Leaders
- Friday, October 19 – Brooklyn Castle Movie Premiere and Q&A with Director and Players
- Tuesday, October 23 – Free Meet the Candidate Event on Roosevelt Island
- Wednesday, October 24 – Free Meet the Candidate Event on the Upper East Side
Rosh Hashanah is the celebration of the Jewish New Year where many take pause and reflect on the year as they head in to the next. In my reflection, I realize how great a year it has been and how integral you have been to my success. Thank you for being a part of my life. May you have a happy and healthy year!
- Thank You
- L’Shanah Tova
- Re-Electing President Barack Obama
- Fighting Con Edison to Keep Your Power On
- Fighting for Retirement Health Benefits for Retirees in NYC
- Launching Newsmotion.org
- Healthy New York
- New York City Redistricting
- Fighting the Marine Transfer Station
- Fighting for Free Speech
- Pictures and Video from Past Events
- Save the Dates
Your support has put our campaign in the lead, according to today's public finance filing!
Thank you to nearly 350 of you for investing almost $35,000 in our campaign for a better city.
Happy 4th of July! As we celebrate our Nation’s independence, it is a chance to suggest revolutionary ideas to make things better. With that in mind, I hope that this season’s update is useful to you.
- Free Summer Events
- More Transparency in Albany
- Election Registration Legislation and June 26, 2012 Primary
- BikeShare Results!
- Opposing the Marine Transfer Station
- Silent March to End Stop and Frisk
- Videos, Photos and Media Coverage
- Upcoming Events